Wedding Photography Checklist
A list of "must take" wedding photographs and how to get them!
With so many friends and family gathered together for your wedding day, the last thing you want is to miss a memory.
On your wedding day, you'll want to make sure your photographer captures those essential details you worked so hard on so the best thing to do is give your photographer a checklist of important people and moments about a week before the ceremony. His achieves two things, it makes sure the photographer knows exactly what you want and makes his life easier so he can concentrate more on the photography!
Another time-saving tactic is to enlist a close friend or relative (maybe an usher who knows your guests to point out key people to the photographer (so you don’t have to.)
To help your photographer out, provide a list of "must-take" wedding photography shots. Below is a checklist to get you started, sort out YOUR essentials and add any of your own creative ones (try keeping a few tear sheets from the bridal magazines you’re currently reading!). But don't check off too many and let the photographer to have some time for creative license.
15 - 20 minutes
- Bride portrait getting ready
- Bride in window
- Bride and father
- Bride and bridesmaids
10 -15 minutes before ceremony, during ceremony and register signing, 25 - 30 minutes after ceremony
- Groom and best man
- Groom and parents
- Bridal Party
- First kiss
- Signing register
- Walking back down aisle
- Bride and groom full length portrait in doorway
- Bride and groom ¾ length portrait in doorway
- Bride and groom kissing in doorway
- Bride and groom and parents
- Bride, groom, parent’s bridesmaids and best man
- Bride, groom, best man and groomsmen
- Bride, groom and special family members
- Bride and groom inside car
- Confetti throwing
Timing depends on family groups plus 25 - 30 minutes.
- Family groups
- Special friends
- Bride and groom with car
- Bride and groom full length portrait
- Bride and groom 3/4 length portrait
- Bride and groom head and shoulders portrait
- Bride full length portrait
- Bride 3/4 length portrait
- Bride and groom creative pictures
- Back of brides dress
- Reception room
- Cake cutting
Remember - all weddings are unique. Our wedding list is meant to be used only as a guide, not the rule. Many of the above shots are not needed by some couples, yet others want many more!
If there are any special pictures you want – tell us!!!! The wedding day itself will fly by, but the pictures will last forever so make sure you get the pictures you want to document your day.
Return to "articles page"